Our client is a leading Telecommunications specialist whose technology is used by thousands of people around the world on a daily basis and they have a top 10 ranking in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
Due to exceptional year on year growth and expansion into new territories and markets they are seeking to recruit a Quality Testing & Repair Engineer to coordinate and manage end-to-end customer and partner technical support. Someone who can liaise successfully with clients to resolve issues via phone or ticket management, but who also possesses excellent system diagnostic skills.
Purpose of the role:
Working with Customers, Suppliers, and Colleagues to take the lead in investigating, inspecting and analysing the quality of my client’s products to solve issues and improve how they perform in Retail.
Accountabilities of this role:
- Cross functional responsibilities to Investigate and define incoming and upcoming Product Quality issues reported by Customers, Suppliers or Internal colleagues
- Inspect and test customer returns as part of the Warranty / RMA process
- Inspect and test Goods In product receipts to specification conformance.
- Regular field inspections of the company system and products
- Undertake company system and equipment repairs where appropriate.
- Maintenance of records and logs as appropriate.
- Communicate product quality and improvement measures to R&D
- Gravitas to deal with Senior Officials at our client, its Customers and Suppliers.
- Product expert for all company systems
- Other duties as required to cover areas of care during peaks in workloads, holiday or sickness.
- Technical support for business-critical situations
What does success look like?
- Reduction of costs caused by product failures.
- Clear identification, logging and communication of hardware and firmware product issues via a weekly report
- Proactive use of data to define which clients may experience existing Product Issues for proactive fix purposes.
- Investigate problems in a timely fashion and work through solutions to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Complete authorised equipment repairs through the returns process.
- Data is gathered from warranty assessments and findings provided to relevant parties to support customer returns process, and product/quality improvements.
- Trends and non-conformance concerns are identified from inspection work and used to provide solutions proactively.
- Technical support is provided through appropriate media and customer resolutions are in place within agreed time frames.
- Trained in all business-critical quality processes and able to provide a level of cover when required.
Skills and qualifications required:
- At least 3 years experience working in a similar role.
- Good level of technical software / firmware knowledge
- Good level of electronics hardware knowledge
- Familiar with DECT communication infrastructure
- Strong data and information processing skills
- Good communicator
- Experience in supplier liaison
- Experienced in technical customer contact.
- Ability to train others in technical areas.
- High attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
What my client can offer you:
- A truly unique challenge in one of the UK’s fastest growing tech companies
- Lots of personal career opportunities as we scale up
- A future-facing business with the goal of becoming a Times Top 100 Company
- Team culture with an employee-wide bonus scheme linked to annual results
- A sector where you will see the outcomes of your work at use in everyday life